Wednesday, June 17, 2009

School Daze

Cody is down to his last few days of school and he is getting anxious to get out of course. Riffa Views has been a great school for him and it seems like he was just putting on his new uniform for his first day. He got an e-mail today that this photo above with him and a couple of his classmates would be on the cover of the Parent Handbook next semester at school. Maybe he is showing the kids where Texas or Tennessee is on the globe. Speaking of Texas and Tennessee, I got my feelings hurt at work today in Saudi. A couple of guys that work for me asked where Tennessee was in relation to Texas and I showed them. I then mentioned to them (as I have reminded others before) that Texas would not have been a state if not for Davey Crockett and the Tennesseans. I asked them if they had ever heard of the Alamo, John Wayne? They followed up by saying "Who was John Wayne"? My heart sank.

No comments:

Post a Comment